Phase III for Chalinze Water Supply Projects contract agreement was signed on 18th May 2015 between the Dar Es Salaam Water and Sewerage Authority (Employer) and M/s Overseas Infrastructure Alliance (India) Pvt Ltd & Pratibha Industries Ltd Consortium (Contractor). The Government of Tanzania has Secured a Letter of Credit (LoC) for USD million 41,227,982.32 from Indian Government.
The consultant M/s WAPCOS was appointed for preliminary design for Phase III project in Chalinze component as well as supervision of works.
The following items of works are expected to be done under this project:-
- Rehabilitation and extension of treatment plant by 800m3/hr (included rehabilitation of Intake, Construction of one Clarifier and filter).
- Construction of 19 storage water tanks and one clear water tank with capacity of 1000m3
- Construction of clear water tank of 2,000M3 at Mazizi hill.
- Construction of 499 Water kiosks.
- Supply and laying water pipes system with approximate length of 1,139Km both in transmission and distribution networks (348 km transmission and distribution in main villages, 791 km for internal distribution systems sub-villages).
- Rehabilitation/upgrading of existing unit at treatment plant and at all the existing and under construction boosting station.
- Installations of 21 fire hydrants.
The implementation of ongoing works of the phase III is as follows:-
A. TREATMENT PLANT
- Foundation concreting completed, Wall 1st lift concreting completed, PCC for Hopper and RCC for Base concreting completed and 1st lift wall concreting completed for Clariflocculator (Clarifier) 9A
- Foundation concreting completed, Wall 1st lift concreting completed, PCC for Hopper and RCC for Base concreting completed for Clariflocculator (Clarifier) 9B
- PCC completed and Reinforcement works in Progress for construction of Clear Water Tank.
- Footing concreting for Grit Chamber is completed
- PCC for Cascade Aerator is completed
The overall Physical progress achieved by the end of June is approximately 18%
B. PIPELINE WORKS
i. Transimission Pipes.
- Backfilling works in Progress at Kimange to Mbwewe (200mm dia -D.I Pipes)
- Backfilling and Rectification works in Progress at Pump Station 2 to Msata (400mm dia - D.I Pipes)
- Pipe laying works in Progress at Mbwewe - Kwang'andu - Manga (150mm dia - D.I Pipes)
- Backfilling and Rectification works in Progress at Pump Station 1 to Pump Station 2 (300mm dia -D.I Pipes)
- 95.590Km of D.I Pipes of diameter ranging from 150mm to 400mm out of 115.751Km in the Contract were laid (82.6%) and 68.137Km of Hydro Static Pressure Testing conducted (58.9%
- The Contractor has to take immediate action for Culvert and River Crossing because there are number of gaps in the laid Pipeline. All the works relating to Fixing Air Valve and Scour Valves are pending.
ii. Distribution Pipes.
- 146.284Km of HDPE Pipes of diameter ranging from 63mm to 315mm out of 1,022.814Km in the Contract were laid at Pera, Mindutulieni, Rupungwi, Bwilingu, Msata, Mboga, Lugoba, Msoga, Mandera, Kilemela, Miono and Kimange villages (14.3%) and 51.196Km of Hydro Static Pressure Testing (HSPT) done (5.0%)
- The Contractor Instructed to rectify the damaged pipes to the existing services during the pipe laying works which the public are deprived of water and CHALIWASA is losing the revenue.
The Overall Physical Progress achieved in Pipeline works (Transmission & Distribution) by the end of June 2017 is 24.5%
C. STORAGE WATER TANKS/RESERVOIRS WORKS
15Nos of out of 19Nos water tanks as per Contract including guard houses and fence at villages of Manga,Mandera, Hondogo, Kilemera, Miono, Kimange, Kihangaiko, Msata, Msoga, Rupungwi,Mindutulieni, North 3, Bwillingu, Pera and Pingo all are in different stages of constructions (Excavation works, PCC works, Raft Conceting, Steel Fixing, Shuttering works, Beam Concreting and 2nd lift of Beams & Columns Concreting, Wall 1st & 2nd Lift Concreting, Roof Slab Shuttering and Steel works) . Total quantities of concrete done is1220.626m3 out of 4814.552m3. The Overall Physical Progress achieved in Concrete works for the tanks by the end of June 2017 is estimated to be 25.35%
D. WATER KIOSKS
- Out of 351Nos of water kiosks agreed, only 238Nos were started (Setting out & Excavation, Blinding, Block works up to Plinth level & Lintel, Lintel Concreting, Block works above Lintel, Plastering of Internal & External walls, PCC for Floor, Roof works, Tilling & Plumbing works, Doors & Window Fixing, Painting and Finishing etc)
- Out of 238 Nos of water kiosks started, only 95Nos are in finishing stages (Roof works, Tilling & Plumbing works, Painting and Finishing etc)
The total weighted average progess achieved on water kiosks by the end of June 2017 is approximately 37.17%
E. PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY
- PUMP SET AND MOTORS
The Contractor M/S OIA-PIL placed the order for Pump Set and Motors, Copies were submitted to the Consultant for confirmations.
2. FLOW METER
The Contractor M/S OIA-PIL has to procure in total 28Nos of Flow Meters, out of these only 3 Nos of Flow Meters have been submitted the corrected documents for approval.
3. FIRE HYDRANT
The Contractor M/S OIA-PIL is required to submit the PO copy as a proof of Placement of Order for Procurement. The Contractor informed that PO copy shall be submitted before next weekly meeting.
4. REHABILITATION WORKS
The actual requirement of Rehabilitation works to be submitted in Consultation with CHALIWASA to meet out the problem in supplying the water to the required quantity.
F. LUGOBA SITE OFFICE
- For the Office Building: Setting out & Excavation, Blinding works, Block works up to Plinth level, Lintel Concreting, Block works above Lintel, PCC for Floor, Plinth Beam Concreting, Plastering for Internal & External walls and Roof work were completed.
- For Guard House: Setting out & Excavation, Blinding works, Blocks works up to Plinth level, Lintel Concreting, Block works above Lintel, PCC for floor, Plinth beam Concreting, Plastering for Internal & External walls and Roof works were completed.
- For Generator House: Setting out & Excavation, Blinding works, Block works up to Plinth level, Lintel Concreting, Blocks works above Lintel, PCC for floor, Plinth Beam Concreting, Plastering for Internal & External walls and Roof works were completed.
The overall progress achieved is approximately 78.3%
G. DESIGN ISSUES
- The design of Booster stations at Msoga, Mboga and Miono are yet to be submitted by the Contractor M/S OIA-PIL
- Proposal for the Rehabilitation of existing pumping station submitted by the Contractor to CHALIWASA for discussion and approval.